Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice: a Frio Fall
You have to love the fall in Concan. With average highs in the 80’s and lows in the 60’s, the weather is crisp, the leaves are turning, and it’s time for cozy sweaters and sitting around the fire. Here are my favorite things to do in the area in the fall:
- See the fall foliage at Garner State Park, the banks of the Frio River, and Lost Maples State Park (don’t forget to pre-purchase a day pass for the state parks!)
- Get a Hot Caramel Apple Butter Latte from Josh’s Frio River Outfitters
- Dinner, drinks, and two-stepping at Back Porch Bar and Cocina Grill’s Songs on the Frio night
- Some of the best whitetail deer hunting in Texas (to tell the truth, this is not one of my favorite things, but it’s definitely on my husband’s list)
- Heat up our pool and spend the day splashing around
- The spooky Haunted Hayride at Neal’s before Halloween
- Sip wine and tell stories while relaxing in our 16-person hot tub
- Fish in our neighborhood pond
- Horseback riding at Elm Grove Stables
- S’mores and stargazing around our firepit
- The pumpkin patch and 8-acre corn maze at Graff7A Ranch in Hondo
This was the first Thanksgiving since we opened, and we blocked off a week for a mini family reunion at the Highball. It was a wonderful week of reconnecting with my family, shuffleboard tournaments, gathering around the fireplace, gobbling up a yummy holiday meal, game nights, and making lasting memories with my favorite people. This Thanksgiving week, I am thankful for having the perfect gathering place to get away and unwind.
We hope your fall was all you hoped it would be. What are your favorite fall activities in the Frio River Valley?